Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Super Baker

Any orders?


Brownie


Lemon Cheese Cake


Apple Pie


Peach Tarts


The year is 2007 - Nov? Dec?

Mom : What do you think you are doing?

No.3 : Baking?

Mom : I suggest you keep those ingredients and go back to your books.

No.3 : But why? I want to bake.

Mom : Go away from here. Your As test is just round the corner. Go and read your stuff.

Of course , instruction not taken. No. 3 baked.

Mom : What's that you're pouring into the tin?

No.3 : Cake mixture?

Mom : You've got it right? Looks strange!


Mom gave her that look. And...it was that look that gave No.3 the final punch .


After failing to secure a driving license for the second time, and whilst trying to salvage any ounce of confidence left in her, No. 3 decided that surely she must be good at something. She decided to try her hands in baking. Me, as usual not always able to stand mess and waste would never condone her new venture. But, my not so little girl has grown up. She could actually follow instructions from recipes, understood them and baked all on her own.

To cut it short, she was furious that I looked down upon her , gave her that 'you think you can do it' condescending look and was adamant that I ate my words...

Today, Sara has proven me real wrong. She has taught me a precious lesson; not to curb creativity and I must remember that my girls are capable of more than reading books and 'taking instructions'. They are individuals capable of making fine decisions and I must trust them.

Congratulations Sara ! Good job! Gifted! Mama super proud of you!

Any orders please? Can assure you they taste very good and not forgetting her cinnamon buns too...yummy





No comments: