Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Dancing Girls

Irresistible.
Lovely.
The Dancing girls of the school!



All aches and pains disappear if you care to walk around the grounds of the school and as you draw strength and inspiration from the natural beauty of the dancing orchids!


Oh aren't they beautiful?


Just this morning as I was on my rounds, I could not stop myself from taking some shots and I would love to keep them in my memory for good. These blooms have been with us for the past 8 years and thanks to loving hands and helpful teachers they are still thriving healthily. I remember the history of these 'girls' and I would like to share for the benefit of those who have yet to know about the true story.



Some 8 -9 years ago, a former principal of the school ( Pn Che Manis) together with a couple of PTA members drove all the way to Kota Tinggi to visit an orchid farm. At the farm one could go crazy just witnessing the myriad of orchid species and I am not joking when I say you become 'full' just looking at them. No need for lunch and tea. ( It happened to be the Puasa Season then ! I remember one of them teasing me saying I also have to fast together with them for the day and I did cos the blooms made me so happy that I forgot about food.)

Very soon we had to make plans to transport the orchids to our school grounds at the courtesy of Mr. Hilmy Jaafar in a 5 ton lorry! We even had a mini jumble sale of orchids to top up the collection for the PTA general fund.
Next, we had to set up the stand for the plants with some donations from some parents (Dr. Lee) and the Taekwondo Club and then the show began...


Now you see what I mean? Lovely rows of dancing girls! I must admit there were moments of ups and downs. There were times when the plants lost their blooms as gardeners and fertilisers were hard to come by. It was easy to set up but it was another story to maintain. Good fortune prevail though when through the magic potion of Pn See's fertilisers and the grit and determination of Yusdin the gardener, the dancing girls become alive again. Like human beings, the orchids need whispers of love and care to stay well. What great pleasure one derives from this natural beauty!

Exquisite at any angle, from any angle...they are a sight to behold! Oh the lovely dancing girls. May you continue to thrive and live well here.

Stay lovely, forever.

No comments: