Friday, April 24, 2009

Yummy!

Looks are deceiving!

Came home from school today with a pleasant surprise in the fridge.

Sara's version of the eclair!


She has not lost her love for baking.

She is too into preparing herself for her 1st year law exam.

Well the the version doesn't look too tidy but really...looks are deceiving cos they tasted wonderful. The filling without even using custard powder was tastefully concocted with only egg yolks, sugar,milk and corn flour and without cream corn too. But it was just nice ; not too sweet but rich to the taste buds. My little baby has beaten her mum to the oven! She even advised me on the egg size to amount of flour for a good pastry and concluded that I failed at times when making cream puffs because I was not precise enough in the egg-flour combination. Not bad, telling the 'sifu' what to do.




I am not ashamed to say that I walloped 2 units at a go and after hearing the rich ingredients in the filling, I dutifully went up the machine and hopped around for 30 minutes. Very guilty. Oh when can I eat without feeling wrong?



Another surprise!



I had another surprise a few days ago and it was also after a heavy day in school. It is really wonderful to come home to have people remembering you and giving you good yummy stuff...the much-talked about krispy kreme doughnuts!





Esther told me dunkin doughnuts has met its match in so many other versions of doughnuts- Big Apple, J.Co.- in town and now krispy kreme has joined the station wagon. Apparently it will make its debut by month end in Berjaya Times Square and I am sure it will collect a bunch of loyal followers soon. Krispy kreme is crispy indeed and it has a similar taste to the dreamy doughnuts that I tasted in West field Mall in Brisbane. It's worth a try but I must admit that it is too sweet for my old taste buds.

Thanks Joel for thoughfulness.

No comments: