Saturday, August 28, 2010

Retirement


Does it really happen?
In my 20s I used to look forward to the day when I could finally call it quits, sit back, relax and do nothing albeit in my 50s only...
But it looks like it's not happening; at least not to my siblings...

Sister No.2, an ex-teacher thought yea... it's time to be the arm-chair critic and to have her arms all folded up and watch the show.



But how does she do it when the sweet one comes along and demands her life, her soul and her all? Yi-jay loves grandma Lee and misses her whenever she escapes for a breather elsewhere and I have heard of stories of his running his fingers all over her face to show how much he misses her after a break from him.



Bathing times means splashes and he wants grandma Lee for that too...fussy young man.



Lo and behold, when no.2 came along...the hustle and bustle in the home increased two folds. Now the 'busyness' is between the babies and the maids... which one comes first I have yet to know ! Grandma Lee grits her teeth in between heartaches and smiles and may I assume it's round 2 of baby cycles for her? Oh...when will it end ? Soon Grandma Lee...soon.

Oh no...son no.2 is getting married too ! Good luck.



Happy Birthday dear sis.

The Lord has really blessed you with a family that is so multiplied.





Brother Choy is the best. He has wealth and health but everyday he would lament to papa Lau...Oh Robert, what am I going to do? Although 'retired' he never seems to allow it to happen graciously and shoots questions like : " How am I going to maintain my life style in my retirement? Am I going to make it again? Oh Robert, Help ! "





Oh Brother Choy, you are so blessed by God. With your discipline, careful ways and submission to authorities especially in Australia when you obey traffic rules like craze, you will make it. Your kiasi attitude which runs so strongly in Kong's blood has already prepared you for the worst perils that can ever happen in life. Sit back and relax and do nothing now.


Happy Birthday dear bro.


And on such a lovely day, both retirees have really been blessed by the good Lord on their birthdays which fall on the same date albeit different years...28th August (28.08)


Happy Blessed Birthday Lee and Choy.

No comments: