Thursday, February 11, 2010

Joyful Spring


The Lunar New Year

The Malaysian Chinese display close family ties and traditional practices each time the Lunar New Year arrives . Ops Sikap will be franctically on its alert to remind travellers the need to be careful on the road. During this festival, everyone travels - Chinese, Malays, Indians and the like as the country experiences long breaks from work. Malaysia is so fun. I dare say we are the only country in the whole wide world which has such rich inter-racial relationships and it is no wonder others may find us strange ... envying us for the many holidays.

This year, I thought I would do some readers a favour especially those away from home by showing some of the decos I collected during my shopping sprees. Not that I shop a lot but I just wanted to be where the action is and savour in some of the festive mood. Strange that as I get older, I long to hold whatever memories I can on life's moments and treasure the times of home and love.


So here's the display...


At One Utama,



The classical music was enchanting...



But, but, why cats and not tigers?



In Lot 10,

The Red Flora Ribbon... the unmistakable symbol of fortune and luck.



I was mesmerised by the characters, all depicting the names of families...




It says "pai chia syn" which may I humbly interpret as the 100 families tree. The Chinese are so closely knitted and take pride in family trees and belonging.



At Sungei Wang Plaza ...


The lanterns are huge and majestic.




There were some very Chinese sense outside the doors of the mall.





Within the mall, the tiger takes its place...year of the tiger in a typically China town ethos.



Nearer home at Subang Parade...



The typical Chinese bridge where girls meet boys...romance in Spring.






Raise the lanterns...





Lovely gifts displayed tastefully on the floor and it's catch on the eyes...must buy !



Mega Mall cannot lose out on the season too...






Exotic. Lotus to depict love, gentleness and romance in this lovely Spring ... a season for all lovers !





"Rhyu Yi" ... may all that is wished for, hoped for, longed for...

MAY IT ALL BE YOURS
To all my colleagues and students in school.


HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR !

2 comments:

*YenN* said...

I miss all the CNY decorations.
I missed Chinese New Year 3 years already!!!! Oh, if only I could have a bowl of Sharkfin soup :(

Puan Chong said...

Come home. I will try to take some snaps if I can , k ? Happy Lunar New Year and do take care.