Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lemon Cakes

On one fateful afternoon last week,
Mama : Girl, hop in now. You have to accompany me to Bangsar to claim a cheque.
No. 3 : No, I wanna bake.
Mama : Bake later.
No. 3 : No. Garrett's coming.
Mama : Later...the bank's gonna close soon.
Of course, grudgingly she took my instruction and gave me no peace through out the whole time.
I have learnt to keep silent at times. There's no point in arguing when the good sense of a person refuses to take over. So, I tried the fastest route home and paid whatever tolls I needed to just to be home by 5 pm.
One task down but lo and behold...she came home to discover her cake mixer down too. How come? Why?
N0. 3 : Ma, the cake mixer is gone.
Mama : OIC...why?
No. 3 : Dunno
Sara, I believe, always holds some biblical truths to herself, one of which is Ephesians 6 : 1
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right...that it may go well with you...
The cake mixer was life to her...cos she is crazy about baking both awake and asleep. So at that moment, things didn't go too well...

No. 3 : Mama, papa says he's gonna get me a new cake mixer.
Mama : Why did the mixer konk out ? You see...when you are defiant...
But the mama also remembers Galatians 6 : 4 Fathers, (mothers too, I suppose) do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
So everyday, we learn to have win - win situation ... I forgive and you forget...and go on.
So papa gave green light and together with Garrett went shopping and got the new Kenwood Mixer! (like real)




With the new mixer, she came up with 2 new recipes:


Lemon cupcakes

Lemon cake with raspberry cream

Sara has grown generous. She allows me to share the recipe for the above concoction but as you can see she has gone goo goo ga ga over cake decor too. The cakes above are 'lemoney' in taste and are good! No kidding.

So here's it :

1 cup flour

1/2 cup sugar

2 tsp zest

1/2 cup butter

2 tsp lemon juice

2 eggs

1 tsp baking soda

She is consoled that though the recipe is shared it may not turn out as well cos it's her touch , she says! Aha.

Last night aunty Joan invited her to her Home Fellowship to teach the aunties how to make sardine rolls. Of course she grew famous overnight and shared that all the aunties asked how she picked up the skills. She said 90 % inspiration and the rest from recipes, internet, TV shows .(Sugar is her favourite).

She hopped into the bed between daddy and mama and inspired again by her involvement in the 21st Law Asia Conference 2008 during the day time , kept saying;

Zaid Ibrahim is my new hero.

Talk about passion and focus.

3 comments:

ietjer said...

Reading the previous entry guest-written by your Number 2 Der Lyn, I quietly thought to myself, "Oh, her mother stalks blogs. Definitely not mine. Definitely not mine..."

Then I saw that little link you put up on the side.

Nice job by the way Aunty. Love your little plot of cyber land. Do post more embarrassing tales about Der Lyn.

Like, was she still wearing diapers when she turned 12?

:)

estherlauderlyn said...

WOI! WANG IE TJER!

Puan Chong said...

ok I will let both of you settle the matter, deal?