Friday, September 24, 2010

Different

Girls and boys.
I love the times when I have heart to heart talks with my sister and some close friends as more often then not, the subject of children will crop up in our exchanges.
Today is one such occasion.

Friend : I called my daughter (overseas) last night.
Me : How's the going?
Friend : Hmm... the conversation started right. But as I went along and asked what she was doing and having replied that she was taking her dinner, she next almost choked in tears . She told me that she was taking rice with ... what ? I asked. Hesitantly she said : vegetables. So there was no meat as I guess it was difficult when you have to eat alone and when the other foreign students indulged in other forms of diet.
Me : So, how did you feel?
Friend : I am alright. She just has to get used to it.

When I reached home I immediately asked my sister if my nephew had called home and she said he skyped.
Me : So how is he? Was he homesick?
Sister : No la. He seems ok.

I don't know why girls cry more than boys. But ... don't be misled by the tears. When a resolution is reached, they can be steely. Casually I asked Sara if she's gonna miss home when she leaves me next week to which she replied : No. You are going to miss me as you will not be able to get me to do all that I have been doing for you...

Very confident ; just like the grit of a boy and I like it. Don't whine, Esther...you are made of greater stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IM NOT WHINING!

I'm just saying it'd be nice to have... company