Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hari Malaysia

Malaysia Day

16 September 2010

47 years ago the then Malaysia was united with Sabah, Sarawak and Malaya and together became 1 nation ; a date that was not deeply etched into the memories of the younger generation.

Today we celebrate this important milestone in the history of this land.





Much has happened to this land since its independence and the formation of Malaysia. Some are happy while others have much to grouse about.

But one thing I know ; I was born in this land and I am thankful for all her provisions for me. It has given me shelter, education, opportunities and a home. I do not want to dwell on what could have have happened if I were in a different land but rather what I have got from this land ;


... Ask not what the country can do for you
Ask what you can do for your country
John F. Kennedy


When you have an attitude of gratitude, this land is beautiful. Free from earthquakes, tropical cyclones, massive flooding and other natural catastrophes, you are not plagued with fears of disasters. It's a perfect country to nurture a family of young children and plant opportunities of good career prospects. Malaysia takes pain to provide education for everyone and its free at your doorstep.

Take the challenges of the nation with an open attitude and you will be surprised how they churn you into tougher and more competitive species ; beneath every dark cloud there is a silver lining.

It doesn't take much and long for my father of 91 to tell me last weekend in Muar that he is very grateful to be in Malaysia since he was 14 and once again he confirmed that this is indeed the land for him ; no other land could have provided better for him.

After all a plate of wan ton mee only costs RM2.80... very affordable.
He says Malaysia is good.

No comments: