Thursday, August 7, 2008

Never Too Old


Photoshop
This skill would have sounded so very alien and far-fetched and out of my vocabulary if not for the way Esther uses it on her work.
So when the industrious ICT lady of the school suggested a short exposure to the skill be introduced to interested parties, I thought why not?
Knowledge knows no bounds and surely if there is a will there is a way. Well, if you can't get everything you can at least acquire some understanding.
So there, photoshop.



This man here from MSU was very patient with us. Our fingers are no more so nimble and we had him repeat process after process so many times. Apa tu? Bagaimana tarik? (What's that? How do you drag?)
At least we now know the major tools needed and familiarize ourselves with terms such as image adjustments, brightness, contrast and using right size brush for stamping purposes. Argh...to tell you the truth I have a phobia still and do not know whether I will get lost in the maze when alone. But , they say necessity is the mother of invention and when you are at the bridge you just cross it. So you see I am actually crossing bridges everyday. Trying to be savy...sigh. At times I do find it tough staying afloat. But if you close your mindset, you are dead wood.



I am very proud of the teachers cos they chose to stay back to learn.


The students of the school are very fortunate to have open-minded teachers who are ever willing to add colour an impetus to the teaching career. When they want to learn it means they are ready for challenges.



See, always wanting to know more and we got so excited when at the end of the session we assess our own product.

There, my finished product. Have I tried hard enough ? You bet I have. Never in my wildest dreams would I thought I could do that.

Guess who are the streeet urchins up there? What has become of them? Want to know more ? When I am in a talking mood, ok?

10 comments:

sherwin ng said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sherwin ng said...

Heya

Is this THE Pn. Chong? ;)

I must say you blog like a seasoned blogger! So happy to see/read what you've to share. Pls do keep it up.

Cheers.

P.S. Rgds to Pn Malar as well :)

Li Yuan said...

puan chong you are so cool!

Puan Chong said...

Thank You ...The Puan Chong???? Learning...from the younger ones like you.

Roshni said...

Hi Puan Chong.

Nice to see a teacher blogging. And really well too. =D

Puan Chong said...

News sure spread eh?

shann said...

Hi Puan Chong! (:

Puan Chong said...

Hi dear

TheNina said...

Ooo.. Pn Chong has a blog~ 8D
Of all the teachers in the school, never knew you'd be the one blogging haha. Really cool. 'Tis is fun to read; keep it up haha


PS: nice Photoshopping ^_~

Puan Chong said...

Nina : Yea learning from you the younger ones. Otherwise how to read young minds?