Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Manna !

Gratitude
When the Israelites were led out of Egypt into the promised land, they were given some tests and challenges by God ; and they reproached Moses unrelentlessly for the hardships they had to face. Again and again they cursed the day they were taken out of Egypt when they had to face difficult moments one of which was when they experienced hunger.
The compassionate One in His will to teach and discipline had never fallen short of His promises and delivered them time and time again.
He rained manna from heaven !
But, unlike them, I am very grateful for the manna I received last night from Der Yin.
" Ma, this weather drives me up the wall and I must do something !"
She made manna for pa and ma.
Out came Martha's recipe on breads.

She took out the rolling pin and rolled away...no bread making machine...hand-kneaded.

I did not witness the kneading ; when I came down I saw the loaves in the oven
Fully baked, they were then left to cool.




Looks good!




Daddy with his special skills could not resist the slicing ... and he ate and ate and ate!






I am more disciplined and whet my taste buds a little only...




But this morning in school...I had my full portion ; and Miss Goh saw me munching them.


We are grateful to receive manna from Der Yin.

No comments: