Sunday, March 28, 2010

At 55...

Lily in church told me 'welcome to the senior citizens' leaque' !
I refuse to concede to the leaque unless... I can fly 1/2 price... Lily do you fly at that rate? "Hmm... I am not too sure..." she replied.
Even if one refuses to admit age, it has to come naturally and hopefully graciously...as I read about ageing graciously in the papers today. Behave like Meryll Streep; they advised.

Some say it's all in the mind. Act, behave and think young and you will be at the age you wanna be!
God has been kind to me. He has given me much and I can only humbly thank Him for provisions, family and friends.
After all, what does this world mean to us if we have none of the above mentioned ? Perhaps, it means more to bring joy to others and living for loved ones as we see them enjoying their earthly existence.

But I had great surprises this day.





Friends in school who remember me and I am touched by their thoughtfulness. Thank you dear friends.

Last Evening In School...



Last night I am humbled at the Principal's invitation to grace the camping event of the school and to have a battalion of them singing the birthday song. Thank you Mrs. Wang and dear children. I am so glad to have so many around me...it baffled me. I am so honoured. Thank you En Jafny, En Musawir, En Zulkifli, En Tasnim, Mr. Kang, Ms Pamela, Puan Zunaidah, Puan Normadiana, Puan Nordiana, Cik Idayu, Puan Sophia, Cik, Norsuzana, Puan Ng, and to the many I have let out; you have to pardon my memory.




This evening I had a simple dinner with loved ones...Grace, Sara, Uncle Choy and Pam... but I cannot deny missing Esther.



Thank You God for family and friends.

3 comments:

lee ying chong said...

hey...didn't you get my birthday wishes??
check your email la...
if not..belated happy birthday...see you didn't even miss any one in my family at your dinner??

Puan Chong said...

Ling
Received with thanks. Pam represents your family? Glad you are back. Pls do the necessary with the documents.

lee ying chong said...

ok..but i have yet to see them..nobody has passed them to me...shall ask around...