Friday, April 9, 2010

Fish Head Noodles !

After a hard day's work, it is good at times to savour some commendable cuisines along Old Kuchai Road in good old Kuala Lumpur. The place seems so far from Subang Jaya but we have to learn not to give in to excuses but instead just move la.
With some food enthusiasts hovering you all the time, I found myself joining in the fun and after scouring through the jam this afternoon, we finally landed at the humble place.
Strange that people came from all corners just to taste the cuisine ; eh, actually not strange after you have tasted them. In fact, you will go back again.


Restoran Goon Wah ; quite a site to look for. No amount of signs and directives can actually bring you there ; you've got to be led there along Old Kuchai Road. However, if you can find SMK Sri Sentosa , you may just be able to find it. People will lead you there.



The display of cuisines is limited to a few renowned ones, chicken wings, fish head noodles, lou shi fun (rat's tail noodles) and a couple more.






The fish head noodles is yummy; right amount of milk, salted mustard, ginger, toufu and the fish head is meaty ! Last Sunday at the Pasar Tani, I bought a plate of fish head at RM15.00. The amount served at the restaurant today was a larger portion and more meaty. A dish cooked and served shown above was at a really reasonable price ... RM22.00 only !



I don't know how to name this dish ; but I call it "chap sui" a term I learnt from watching Flower Drum Song which I think connotes a mixture of everything . It's actually internals; cooked tastefully; a rare concoction.




Lou shi fun...cooked with minced meat and dried prawns but I grade it so so only.



This is a fatty dish ; Chinese bread (mun tou) dipped in stewed belly meat black sauce. Good.



But of course, the best part is having friends who will make the effort to get together on a Friday afternoon to listen to small talks, heartbeats and enjoy moments of genuine care. I will miss them when I retire . Ok la, I will continue this journey of spontaneous trips to wonder food centres whenever I am invited. At the most, I fast in the evening after the sumptuous meal.
Of food and friends.

No comments: