Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Brothers

The Siblings


Meet them...Albert and Wilson
Both of them are ex-Seafieldians
Marketing in the weekends at the local wet market will almost always give me a heart-warming experience as I see them helping their parents at their family fish stall. Last weekend was no exception and I took pride to see them lend a helping hand to their parents. I believe Albert is full time at the stall and will probably inherit the family business but Wilson is in his final year doing an engineering degree in USM. Back for the holidays, I casually asked him if he had completed and he answered that he had a year more to go. He has a right attitude towards life - that I could see. How many young men are willing to do what he is doing - packing and cleaning fish for the customers? That brought memories cos I recalled helping my mama to sell clothes when I was in school and even when I went home during the varsity semester breaks. That's why I am a good salesgirl even until today...trained from young.

The siblings have another brother...Vincent, I believe. I do see him at times at the stall. It's good to have a network with them as can be be witnessed here :

Lady boss : Puan Chong, this fish, you cannot buy. Not very fresh. If you buy today, you must eat today. Cannot keep.
Me : Oh...what about the ikan pari?
Lady boss : Also cannot keep for long ...it will exude a stench. But you can buy ikan cincaru cos they can last when refrigerated...
She will tell me more and not allow me to buy fishes that are not fresh enough. First class treatment and all because we are connected through the children.
Lady boss : Puan Chong, you also know Eu Shen ? He and Wilson same year.
Me : Of course, I know him. He has promised to visit me and I am still waiting.
Lady boss : Oh, is it ah?...I will tell him when I see him. He lives nearby and visits Wilson.
Me : Oh, ok.
The siblings are a good example to many.
Follow them.

3 comments:

Pik Yen said...

owh teacher , how did teacher find the board of librarians AGM ???

Puan Chong said...

Simple and sweet...well organised. Kudos.

Pik Yen said...

oh ...good that will bring joy to Pn Tan's ears as she expect alot from us .