Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Facebook

Hahahaha...

We were told that it was a social networking tool.
That it was the best ever invention to connect to the present, past and maybe future?
It was a platform to connect ourselves to people whom we want to keep in contact.
Facebook keeps us in tandem with this modern era.
We can talk common terms with the young.
Teachers can use it to pull a group together for teaching and learning.

So noble a tool, and so...the teachers of SMK Seafield got hooked to it.
Today, we can proudly say the teachers who attended a computer literacy programme last Saturday in Taylor's college can now be officially detected in facebook !

And so, I began to explore. Indeed I managed to trace some very old friends from my alma mater and the University of Malaya. Glad many of us are still here. Some I have been informed are gone forever. Like any other vehicle of communication, facebook must be updated and be made made meaningful. But, unless we really have the time, it will be a challenge to update and upload to let friends and loved ones know the happenings around you.

Sara cheekily asked me why I needed to have a facebook account and I said it was just a coincidence that I registered myself. After all, it's lifelong learning and it will be good to be connected and in connection. Why the phobia ? I asked ?
Ma, are you going to probe into our business again? I don't think I want you as a friend at this juncture...and how many have invited you , mum?
Hmm...afraid of me? No need la...I will mind my own business...I promise. I am only a guarding angel...always ready to see and pray for you.

Facebook...see how long it will last with me.

2 comments:

Pam Song said...

Wah! So happening lah you, Aunty Poh! Hahaha. More happening than me. My Facebook is dead. =p

Puan Chong said...

Hi Pam...no lah just wanna see what's happening around. Still much to learn. Anyway I am sure, like you I won't have the time to update cos there's a choice...to blog or to update facebook...we can't be doing both well at the same time. I think I will just stick to one activity at the moment...one which means more to me...I can tell more stories by blogging. So I will stick by it.