Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Greetings

Greeting Cards.

In this technology-savvy era, sending greeting cards seem old-fashioned as many would resort to ready-made greetings from google. The move may seem to save cost and eco-friendly too as some trees are spared. So why send physical cards?

However, there is this warmth that is oozed through the card as it conveys feelings and a personal touch. It truly lifts up the spirit of the receiver and the card can be kept for years. When you pick those cards some time later in life, you will remember the sender with fondness and gratitude. After all, that is what part of life is for , right? Good feelings.

The cards are truly getting fewer by the years and it is with surprise that a few arrived lately. When I say a few, I really mean a few... 3.




This one is from Taipei from my sister and her family. The card is lovely and I love it. Thank you dear sister.



This one arrived for Sara. It's in German, I believe. A lovely and elaborate one.



This was brought home by Sara for me...from an ex student of mine. It greeted me well ; Happy Christmas and not Merry Christmas. That holds a lot for me.




I must be getting real old for I really felt flattered by her compliments. Even after decades of teaching, I still want to be appreciated and loved by students, past and present. I remember Sher Hann as 'the enthusiast' for the school band and she virtually lived and died for it. Missing from classes for training at times, I still found her writing skills strong and sustained the reader, me. Graduated from a vernacular stream in her primary years, I must say she is also one of the very few students from a vernacular stream who can express herself vividly and writes grammatically sound essays. It was a pleasure reading her work as they sometimes conveyed funny details and made me laugh back then.

Thank you Sher Hann for your kind compliments.

Happy Christmas to you too.

No comments: