Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Testimony

Praying For The Opposition




Today my Daily Bread reading tells me of a testimony of how the author despite scorn and protest insisted on bringing the good news to a friend. When the writer should think that all was not too well with the approach, he was surprised that the same friend testified of his knowing Christ the following year. It goes to show that when we do what we ought to do...to bring the good news to friends, we leave the rest of the fruition to God himself.

This brought me back way back to 1973 when I first heard the good news. Back then I, being the opposer, used to laugh at my male friend, now a lawyer who tried his utmost to tell me about the relevance of the gospel in my life. He would pop over to the back lane of my mother's shop house and there in the midst of noise and movements he would invite me to watch shows and performances related to the good news. One particular movie with Sir Cliff Richard as the main actor named "Two A Penny" was popular and my friend would persistently invite me to watch it. I went but it did not evoke me much because my spirit was hard and I had already build a wall within my framework.

My merciful God did not let me go just like that. He put me in the path of another friend, this time a lady friend in the 5th Residential College of the then University of Malaya. This friend was in love with God and took great effort to help me learn more about the good news. Her passion to see me saved in God's grace and eternal plans finally saw me ; a broken vessel before the Almighty God.


John 3:16 says

" For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

My Father in Heaven sent people into my life for me to know Him. I acknowledge that life does not stop at the instant I received Him. It began from there. There is this walk with a Living God that demands your allegiance and obedience in the Word. The walk may be tough because He speaks and wants your response. But I think life will be so much tougher without this voice that guides and leads you in decision makings. It is good to wake up each day with the hopes in His promises and it is this strength that pulls you through in life. Many more are days to come but the truth is


" For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23.


I like the line that ends today's reading in the Daily Bread...

"People may mock our message
but they are hopeless against our prayers."

This brought me back to a visit to a hospital yesterday when my friend told me that she did not want me to visit her to which I replied :

" Well, you can tell me what you do not want me to do but the body and spirit belong to me. You cannot stop my physical body from coming here. So relax and receive me with love."

To my dear friend there, I am so glad you look well. May you continue to rest in good health.

My final call though is to all my friends who have the time, would you like to come to a special musical performed by a group of dedicated people who want to bring the good news to you?

We have 2 shows :

18th December : 8 - 10 pm

25th December : 10.30 am - 12.30 pm










Come and hear the good news.


That's the real meaning attached to the season.


1 comment:

Puan Chong said...

Had a peek into your blog...nice music and a vivid account of a lively being. Keep it up !