Friday, December 24, 2010

The Prince of Peace

Romans 12 : 18
"As much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men."


Today again I am reminded of John 14:27...Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you.
Jesus told us to turn the other cheek, go the extra mile, forgive offences, reject greed, tolerate each other's weaknesses, live to serve and love one another as he loved us.


It is indeed true when I ponder over a statement in today's Daily Bread which says...it seems that in large part, peace is up to us. Yes, indeed this Christmas may there be peace among family members and friends and make peace our gift to the world as we reflect on the life of the Prince of Peace.






I see with wonder at the attractive number of gifts 'poured out' in this Christmas decor and associate it with the gift of peace that is promised in John 14:27. I hope to walk as taught and may it also be reflected in the peace in the home.





Esther, the diligent one wraps gifts for others and may peace be with her wherever she goes.
Sara , the aspiring cook bakes and may she strives to bring peace to all around her.
Grace, the ever busy one serves others and may she bring peace to others in her service.


May the peace of God be upon us all as we commemorate the birth of Christ with family members and friends this season.

No comments: