Sunday, November 14, 2010

Glorious Culinary


Thai food is out of the world.

The spicy and tangy dishes are unforgettable and the tastes linger in your buds long after the meal is over. The Thais are absolutely superb in their recipes and their preparation skills are reasons why Malaysian long for Thai cuisines.



Koh Samui is home to rich sea harvests and the catch is fresh ; so very essential for seafood galore. So we had our stints and a good share of seafood while on the island.




The siakap was steamed over charcoal and the tangy sauce could be eaten as soup. Absolutely delicious.



Another way of preparing fish; but I prefer the steamed version.



Shell fish cooked with a good combination of spices.





Hey I remember this dish well. I used to consume plenty of them as mama is skillful in the preparation. However, I also remember suffering from bouts of food poisoning when it was not prepared well especially during my varsity days when I took it with friends at Medan Selera. That evening, the cockles were done tastefully and I did not suffer from food poisoning.




Tom Yam done with coconut milk. I prefer the version without the coconut milk.




This is a typical Thai salad... lime, vinegar and sugar. The Thais like sugar a lot. Some of the noodles were added with sugar and it took a large part of me to consume them. Don't like sweet noodles.


At local side stalls, we ventured into some dishes which were a delight.





I cannot for the life of me decipher this concoction. Could be fish paste dipped into flour before being fried. Good.




This I have been told was a typical Thai dish...fish paste dipped in oil. Quite a taste.




Fishes grilled over charcoal.



Chicken wings and internals grilled over charcoal fire. Dare not try.




This is another Thai salad sold at a side stall.



All in all, we had meals after meals connected with seafood and Thai spices. Unable to forget the taste till today.

No comments: