Friday, November 19, 2010

Reminiscence


When you go avisiting Suzhou...





This city boasts of canals, heritage buildings, vintages and the past...





Something real and present though are wriggly creatures ; the silkworms - which can be the lifeblood of blankets, garments, scarves, furnishings and exotic ornaments. When on a tour to Suzhou, you are bound to come across the factory which produces them. Then you are coaxed into buying as you cannot resist the persuasion of the sales personnel and the tourist guide. So you may end up buying, buying, buying. I promise myself that I will not fall into such traps the next time I visit China.





The silk worms produce silk used for making beautiful garments and home furnishings.





The girls were mesmerised by the varied choices of scarves and every piece of scarf they want to purchase.




In the end, they were limited to a piece each and took pictures with those they could not buy. One of the sales girls told me that I was fortunate to have 3 lovely daughters and when she asked me what they were doing, I dutifully told her so...she ended ranting again that my girls have done me proud by being obedient enough to want to study... In Chinese she said ..."how kuai ah , ta men hai yau tu shu..." Yes, I think so too.


In Suzhou, you will also be treated to a scrumptious meal to be entertained by a local artiste who will render songs by Teresa Teng and make your stay even more memorable.





Like this man.

Actually, the holidays are here and I can go no where...that's why I am reminiscing the past.

No comments: