Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hope



Pockets of Hope

Many years ago we planted a small lily species in the garden to brighten our days. But alas, they died a natural death and somehow their survival could not be sustained. May I then conclude that bloooms are difficult to maintain and we just have to resort to its fate.

On this beautiful morning after a trip to the weekly Pasar Tani, I took my coffee at the patio and stole glances at the plants. Lo and behold, I saw pockets of the lily species sprawling here and there.

Just when I thought it has been long gone, some seeds sprang out and gave me a pleasant surprise and rays of hope of its survival.





Pretty blooms that added colour and brightness to the garden; though small in number. It is good to live with hope.


To a dear friend who is still bereaving over the death of several family members and having to go through difficult moments each day, may we rest in the hope that is promised in Heb.4:16


Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.


Amen.

No comments: