Friday, September 4, 2009

Bazaar Galore

Yea...it's the time of the year again. Every year during the month of Ramadhan when our Muslim friends go through a month of fasting, we the non-Muslims get to taste the best ever food ... prepared by both commercial and non-commercial enterprises.
So, this year the treat stays as good as ever.



Strangely enough, the non fasting communities also enjoy the festivity in the air and unashamedly indulge in just as much as the Muslims. In fact, I spoke to one of the vendors who could not deny that business is brisk because of the inter racial mingling and participation...Indians, Chinese and the Malays all joyfully savouring in the goodies of the day.



Look, Sheraton finding its way here too? This is a new feature. I have never seen this before and I guess Sheraton does not want to be kept out of the limelight too. Fun is where the people are.
I have been quite a faithful patron of a particular curry puff store which is sure to be around during every Ramadhan season. Yesterday, Sara and I looked around for this particular one in the SS18 bazaar but we were dismayed. Where could have that store gone to? Grace too loves the cuffy puffs of this very vendor.
Today was a good day. I visited the bazaar at USJ 4 after a good preview by TV3 and lo and behold...I found the store there!



Here they are ! Do not look down on what is shown above. The curry puff skin is crispy and melts in the mouth. Lovely to the taste buds.


Yes, Grace... the curry puff from your old school canteen caterer! I spoke to the girl manning the store and asked about their absence from the SS18 bazaar and she lamented that they were short of hand. Well...at least I know where to find them now...my annual curry puff treat.

But this is Sara's favourite. Keropok lekor in its original state as those from the east coast. This particular store offers one of the best I have ever tasted.

For Malaysian friends and relatives who are overseas, you have missed the merriment of the bazaar galore.

No comments: