Monday, September 28, 2009

Mama


I miss my ma.
Reflections are good for life because they teach us how to lead a life. I reflect upon my childhood days and how they have made such imprints in my life till today... one of the most unforgettable being my mama's way of keeping the house clean.
Mama is neat, clean and house pride. She is adamant that things be put right in the correct places and I could vouch that when young she would slog for anything as long as her home is neat. I am so proud of mama for until today she still holds this virtue true...that's why I miss her ways.



Residing high up in one of the units in the high rise, it's therapeutic when you look around the places surrounding the unit. You gain calm, peace and a deep sense of desire to be there. At night, the flickering lights way beyond becomes a scenic picture and the often strong breeze gives the much needed coolness on hot evenings.


Mama opens her door to friends and relatives with much warmth and love. She is gracious, generous and hospitable. She dotes on her children, grandchildren and even neighbours' children. She is addressed as Por por by everyone and people remembers her grace.




She keeps her units in order and seldom does one see her cushions not in place. Her tea towels are uncomparable...so white and clean that it may bring some bathing towels to shame. After being with her for 28 years of my life, I find it difficult to adapt to anybody just like that. I find it very very difficult to stay with anybody...without remembering the cosy and comfortable home that Por provides...more than anything else...cleanliness. I love to be associated with her style.



Por's fingers are green...virtually green. Plants grow fat and well under her care and love...what more about humans. Whatever little space she can find...she puts it to good use.


As you walk out of the lift to her unit, you are greeted with an atmosphere of cheer...her lovely flowers.






Lovely, aren't they? That's my mama...so house proud and neat. She keeps her door way clear of dry leaves, dirt, rubbish...and sweeps diligently. Ma is so diligent. I miss her ways.



The welcoming entrance to her house speaks of love. I miss mama.

I must thank mama for her exemplary ways and the way she nurtures us.
Thank you, mama.

No comments: