Saturday, September 19, 2009

Selamat Hari Raya

To all my Muslim colleagues, students and friends...
Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri



I thought it was only a while ago that the last Hari Raya Aidilfitri was celebrated in joy and pomp and now it is here again. How time flies. Last night I called Grace and asked how she was doing and in good spirits she told me she was with a Malay Singaporean friend scouring the Ramadhan bazaar for keropok lekor. She echoed that the season was soon going to end and that she was afraid she might miss the gorgeous food.
The spirit of fun and togetherness was definitely heart warming as I too spoke to several Ramadhan bazaar vendors yesterday and they told me that they were sad that the season was coming to an end. The festive mood somehow helps us to forget about differences and binds us in good comradeship.

This is a special greeting to my students in 3 Imu -

Amr - that you would continue to strive and fight to write during your PMR. Write...please.
Danial Othman - that you who is able to write will write well and do not forget to hand up that special assignment I gave you for the last minute push.
Muhammad Danial - I am glad you are able to write coherently and well. Keep up the good work.
Mohd Hafiz - thank you for finishing the last minute assignments. Continue to try your very best for English.
NurDinie - thank you for being such a pleasant girl and keep up the good effort.
Nur Yazmin - your quiet dispositon and determination will see you through PMR well.
Nursyahira _ I wish you were in class more often and I hope all that had been taught and given to you will see you through sufficiently. Try harder.
Amalina - your cheerfulness and willingness to learn is inspiration. Write well.
In the midst of celebrations, remember the higher calling ...do well in English.
Once again to all my colleagues most of whom I have known for more than 10 years in Seafield, ...just to let you all know...you are wonderful people...Saadiah, Zunaidah, Shahrizad, Roslina, Saripah Zaleha, Robita, Maziha, Siti Rohana, Rozita, Nurhayati, Zaidah, Zaharuddin, Yusdin, Rosanitah, Latiffah, Khasniyati...not forgetting Rahizam too ;
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri
Semoga Sentiasa Gembira.

No comments: