Monday, January 24, 2011

The Lovely Vine

The Garlic Vine

I was greeted with such lovely blooms after school a day sometime last week. I couldn't resisting shooting them for memories. I had to keep them in my album for I know they don't last.







I learnt its name for the first time - garlic vine.



The vine creeps all over the place and hangs onto any other plant in a parasitic manner.



I don't know how it found its way up there. From a stem cutting it grew in leaps and bounds to great heights . But don't you think it is a captivating sight? It's so natural in its climb and growth and worth many second glances.




The garlic vine is seasonal too. It's not evergreen and there are many gaps in between blooming times. But the most heart-breaking moments are when they begin to fade. They fade real fast ; just a couple of days of full bloom and they wither away quite pathetically. I saw them fade and it was just too much pain for me to see it grow old and wither. I did not snap it when the blooms disintegrated.

But while the vine lasted in great colours it was a sight to remember by.

Catch moments of life when the opportunity is here.
Some moments just don't last forever.


No comments: