Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chase Your Dreams

They say they have dreams to chase ,

But the adults have jolted them up from their dreams ,
And they don't like it !



The Choral Team




Darshini tipped as the best conductor of the year...





Mornings after mornings I see them creeping sheepishly to the quiet spot of the school and they would go chasing after their dreams; to win first in the competition and then to dream of others later.

Their determination, discipline and cooperation were essential elements to make it work and so just like their seniors they carried the legacy of trying to be the best; and the best they became as they clinged home the coveted prize of being the first in the district of Petaling.






Hear their cry parents ...


We are growing up day by day
What happened to those care free days?
We could play all day !
And imagine anything we want !...

I remember mommy kissing my bruises,
I remember making up silly games,
First person to finish her ice-cream gets to be Uh...PRINCESS OF THE DAY !
I remember the only "homework" we got was colouring...
But now as teens this is what we say;
Mom ! Hurry up ! I'm going to be late for my tuition classes!
Yes dad! I'll practise the piano !
But I've already finished my homework; can I go now?...

I'm done ! I'm done ! I've graduated !
Maybe now things will mellow down
But no,Oh no !
My boss is a : nut job!
My co-workers ; are boring...

Back in those days...
Daddy, I want to be a famous movie star !
Lights, Cameras, Action !
No! You MUST study law, just like your brother did.
Mommy, Mommy I want to be a famous artist like ...Picasso !
Oh, stop fooling around, could you please be more realistic !

When you grow old,
You could be an old , grumpy retiree
OR
You could be that crazy grandpa, rock-climbing and sailing those seas, having the time of his life!


...to sum up for today, chase, chase, chase and chase your dreams !


Oh the infamous gaps of life !

How to have food on your table when you only dream?

No comments: