Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Have You Ever Wondered ?





If there is an afternoon when you are bound to have thunderstorms and torrential rain, it would be on a Good Friday afternoon. I have often wondered at the phenomena. But secretly in my spirit I associate it with that great sacrifice. Is it a coincidence that it happens here; well at least in this tropical land all the time? Why is the sky crying?






Luke 23 :32,33



...Two other men, both criminals, were also led to be executed. When they came to the place called the Skull, where they crucified him, along with the criminals - one on his right, the other on his left...

John 19:19
Pilate had a notice prepared and fastened to the cross. it read: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS...

Matthew 27:42
..He saved others...but he can't save himself !...

Matthew 27:28,29





...they stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him and then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on his head...





Luke 23 : 44, 45





It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining...Jesus called out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani - My God, my God why have you forsaken me?"... into your hands I commit my spirit...


Luke 23:55

The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. They they went home and prepared spices and perfume...








But they rested on the Sabbath in obedience to the commandment.


Luke 22: 8

Jesus sent Peter and John, saying , "Go and make preparations for us to eat the Passover."

Luke22:17, 18,19

After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."




And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."





A Pact with God

The dark, thunderous crying skies in the horizon right at this moment is a grim reminder to me of the agony of the Son of God.

Good Friday afternoons at 3pm are real.

No comments: