Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Paparazzi

She called me one; hahaha.


Today was a good day. A good day because I had time for myself and to be in the company of my loved ones. I realise again and again that precious moments spent with those closest to your heart are meant to be cherished.

So the bright idea again...to Sungei Wang and its colourful display of everything !


For RM25...I still cannot believe my eyes. How much one will have to pay for workmanship alone? So dear Grace snapped it and kept ranting, so cheap, so cheap... meant to be worn once and down the ditch the next dear !




To find a match for your sandals ? Just go there. See. Perfect match !


Ma... ayoh.


Stop being a pest , ma...the girls blurted out ! Don't snap !


Darling oh...is this nice? No la how can anything RM25 be out of the world ?



Love birds...


Walking into this place...

Bridal display...hey anything for mothers in law ah? Oh is the place only for sweet young things?




Is this for brides or mothers in law? A blond in Chinese Bridal Attire? To please the MIL?
This proprietor of Butterfly; he calls himself Kenneth. A simple, unassuming guy full of skill I believe in designing the gowns for the lady of the day...The lady in black had to make an appointment a couple of weeks ago just to meet him. So all brides to be must go through the same process? I am learning. When I was a bride to be decades ago, I was super simple lo. Look the teacher in me told me to look for cotton even in my wedding gown ! As I looked back I must confess I was boring la ! Should be more adventurous and insisted on more glamorous tingee... But deep down, I only wanted to save, save, save...old fashioned ! Today it is different. We must remember it is the day ! The day ! No need to save la. RM 2k for one is still reasonable , ya ? As long as we are happy. It is good to be able to afford. Congratulations to my nephew and his bride to be...having roti canai at Melur's is the thing of the day ! It was a long courting session; I am glad good decisions have been made. It makes the older ones relieved. You would have made us cry ; otherwise.
Finally the Saturday at Sungei Wang ended in this parlour. This hair stylist told me she was from a local school and the next question was: Did you enjoy school? I was just remembering my reluctant learners. She told me she had to at least pass her English and Malay Language to enrol in this hairstyling course and earn a certificate. She told me that she hated History and failed maths. But she was glad that she made it for basic papers and therefore she can at least earn a living. That is it. To at least acquire a skill that will see you through and have food on the table.

The conversation again brought some heartaches as I see real life situations in school. I was sad because I have yet to come to some conclusions about some reluctant learners; how to handle them appropriately. Or should I just let them be what they want and not try to change them?

A question of moral values but it is the haunting spirit that goes with you when you are not doing what is right; should be done.

Then I glance at my handsome nephew, pretty Grace and Pam and put away unhappy thoughts and stayed glad for the day.

I had a good laugh over durians for supper when Pam said : Aunty Poh, you hopped around like a paparazzi today.

Oh it is because not only Kate and William are getting married ! You too.

No comments: