Monday, April 4, 2011

The Wonder


...of the Skype...

...the best invention for mothers and daughters separated by international waters...

When I miss them, I ask to see their faces...but ma please don't blog... they say.



Missing Sara and communicating with her about her latest predicament; losing her personal identification papers and the phone card which has caused us some worrying moments. She was virtually 'burgled' when she left her room unlocked for a cooking session in the kitchen. Soon she discovered her wallet was stolen; it is unsafe even in the hostel. She was quick in cutting off links with cards but she forgot the phone card which resulted in a hefty amount being siphoned out... but dad says such things happen and to tell the daughter to take it easy. So Sara it's ok; just be more careful and be more wary of people around you. It's a disappoinment though as we thought it should be safer over there. Now we know, everything can be different but the greed of man is universal.




Daughter no.2 is coughing badly and mama says rest more and drink more liquid. I am especially glad the uncle is around her and it is always a comforting thought that she can run to them whenever she needs help. She says it's getting colder by the day whereas the little sister says it's getting warmer by the day up north. I am boggled at times at the seasons up north and down south.

It is good to see them and I must confess at times I want to run to them; but my duty is with the school ; and dad says don't spoil them... what does he know about a mother's pining? Men are so different from ladies. Though I cannot be with them; I honestly can put them in prayers each day before the Lord and ask for his grace and protection to be upon them in their going outs and coming ins.


The Lord watches over you-

the Lord is your shade at your

right hand;

the sun will not harm you by day,

nor the moon by night.

The Lord will keep you from all

harm -

He will watch over your life;

the Lord will watch over your

coming and going

both now and forevermore.

Psalm 121 : 5 -7


This is a mother's prayer for all children who are not with them.

Amen

4 comments:

Ky Jinn said...

so how are things with sara now?
jinn says must lock the room at all times la...

Anonymous said...

MA! I told you no pictures!!

ubersupersara said...

why you put such ugly pictures. i'm okay now mama ly. police supposed to call me but never. so chia lat. so tmr going station so can get full report to forward home.

Puan Chong said...

Jinn...I asked ur Kor Kor Shen what is ur mummy doing in Perth ? Kor Kor says she's worried about u. I said I am a worrier but ur mama is of a higher degree...all mamas think about children !