Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yes !

The X generation did it!

Esther always says I don't like changes and I don't face challenges; that I am set in my old ways and am very old-fashioned. So I took the challenge to prove her a little wrong.




At the request of the persuasive principal, I decided to join the Z generation for a weekend away from the maddening crowd to the hills of the outskirts ; to Dusun Eco Resort.





On arrival we had the daunting task of climbing a not too friendly flight of stairs; a flight which when you have completed the climb you would take moments to catch that breath.





The long and winding steps; oh not so easy.



To reach the chalet ; climb you have to.






After not a very easy night of rest, you find compensation though when the lovely morning is greeted with rich greenery at your doorstep. All that sleeplessness was worthwhile when you see the lovely environment.

You walk along the designated pathway hearing the morning birds chirping and suddenly...


You see that string hanging up there. What's that ? They told me it is used to fly one across the sky ! Fly fox ; they say. Huh ... who wants to fly ? Shall we ? ; the principal coyly asked. You first maam; my reply to her.



But to reach the starting point , you first need to cross the hurdle...




Walk with your eyes close; tread carefully...oh, ah, oh, ah...I wanna turn back...



No way; yes I did it ! No problem.



Gently but slowly the principal did it too; no turning back, no turning back ...



Puan Roslina swayed here and there but she did it too with ease !



Now, who should go first...oooosom...you go first, no you go first... fierce arguments.




What's the big problem ? I will go first.



Ready ? Hold tight, lift up your legs...





Wheee...




Oh ! I can fly now like Chow Yuen Fatt of Crouching Tiger... I want to fly again.




Yes; your turn . No problem; I can fly like you !



The Z generation ; young and robust venting out their energy during the weekend trip to be inculcated with grit and determination to accomplish tasks and overcome challenges. They did it with ease; we the X generation did it too ! Yes not too daunting.


The weekend exposure is only a prelude to a more challenging trip that is to come and that is to be revealed later...



Awesome flying fox sting !

No comments: