Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mama

The month of May is a tough month for many mamas.
Why ? You ask.
I just have to turn to the right and to the left and I am bound to meet mamas who have children either in schools or in tertiary institutions sitting for ...urg...exams.
Everyday we would be asking one another how the children are going through and how we shiver at the thought of their welfare. Did they eat enough? Slept enough? The imagination that mamas go through are only understood by mamas. How they wish they are the ones sitting for the exam.

Yes, mamas remain tough and steadfast for the home and family and they teach, teach,teach. Some statements are received well while others are ignored; quite thoroughly. The children sometimes reply; "how would we know if you don't give us a chance to make mistakes?" Very philosophical. So they go through ups and downs while mamas watch with their hearts in their mouths and cry at disasters that happen to them. How they wish for joy and happiness to grace every moment of their children's life.

Dad played a tune by IL DIVO and the lyrics of the song touched my spirit as I recall the love of mamas :

Mama thank you for who I am
Thank you for all the things I'm not
Forgive me for the words unsaid
For the times I forgot...

Mama remember all my life
You showed me love, You sacrificed
Think of those young and early years
How I've changed along the way

And I know you believed
And I know you had dreams
And I am sorry it took all this time to see
That I am where I am because of your truth...

Mama forgive the times you cried
Forgive me for not making right
All the storms I may have caused
And I've been wrong
Dry your eyes

Mama I hope this makes you smile
I hope you're happy with my life
At peace with everything I made
How I've changed
Along the way
And I know you believed
in all my dreams
And I owe it all to you,
MAMA.




Mama, mother, mummy, mum, ma ... why do they all begin with 'm' ? Is it because it is the easiest alphabet for a baby to begin speech?
God is great.

3 comments:

lee ying chong said...

Thanks Poh for being mama to my boys too.
I count my blessings, sis

estherlauderlyn said...

ayi lee, your oldest son is irritating me.

Puan Chong said...

Hey sister, they are like my sons too...