Friday, May 27, 2011

Where Do I Begin ?

WET, WET MORNING !



But who cares? We are ready for fun ; the umbrella does the trick !



See what I mean? She's ready; she says. Lai, lai semua lai, lai... She's the lady behind the great day. Every year at this time, the prefectorial board let down their hair and be friends to everyone ! You've got a friend in them.



Nizar and sister say thank you...and you don't have to remind us about the money part, need you? I know you're making big money in the Big Apple; right?



I can miss all cakes, but not yours, Nizar.



Mama Suhaili, dressed in green is a bulwark of support to the school. She says friends shy away from her as she is always raising funds for the school ! It's good impact, dear.



Another show of love ! To tell the teachers...it's red shot love.



The teachers are so in one spirit...all in one colour for the school ! Terima kasih cik gu!



Wo, wo, wo...the line up is good ; one time a year affair ! Makan cik gu.



On this day, I want to appreciate a few students too. This young lad is in form 2. His name is Shakir. Almost everyday if I do meet him at the car park during their recess, he will run to me, greet me politely and offer his hand in carrying my load. He told me he is the only child and I just love his style. So warm, pleasant and helpful. His smile is an image of good upbringing and teaching. I congratulate the parents.



Cheah Beng Tzen ( I may have got the spelling wrong) is a simple chap. I believe he is the last of the siblings in this school. He has a troop of sisters and brothers before he made his debut in the school and I like his simplicity. He never fails to warm up to me whenever he has the chance and I put on my best gear when he's around me...he carries me around with one hand !!!





I am glad I had a chance to take a pic with some of my students in 3 H; Shanita, Samuel, Marhaini, Yovish and Beatrice. They are all lovely children except for some who dread me for climbing up their backs for homework. This will be the group of children whom I will remember better; you need to teach them to have impacts; either way.

Yea, what is teacher's day when you don't have a show of talent and creativity? Andrian Tam; the photographer of the school thank you for uploading the photos and my apologies for stealing some of them...



Michael Jackson of Seafield. The frenzy was at its epitome when he took the center stage. So, you think you can dance? Fight for the next title, young man. Perfect score.




This form 4 group caught every one's attention with their vigorous, energetic movements...you tell me how to contain them in class. Write about your "Mother" you tell them and they will go ...hmm, hmm, hmm ... can write on "Rap" or not teacher?





Son to Pn Chuah, I never knew he had the potential to dance like real on stage ! He's becoming cuter by the day and more lovable too. I have been in the school long enough to see him being conceived and the privilege of knowing him as a Seafield baby; born and bred in Seafield. Now he's in Form 4; how not to feel like a veteran?



Mother to Brian, all her 3 children are Seafiledians and the strength of the school can be measured by the confidence the teachers have here. They are proud to have their children here.


So Brian cheekily popped into my room and never fails to give me 2 red ball points every year..."mark your books teacher". Yes, son. Thank you.

This year's performance is distinctly different. The boys outshine the girls ! Yes, the boys are more terror than the girls ! How come?




Look at the cutie pie, Chee Kin? How do I remember him? The year was 2009. While teaching in class 3 I, he walked in and said; "Teacher, my name is missing in the list." I asked him to go to another class; he refused. I conceded to his request on one condition; that he be good and do all that I asked. He said 'right on ! " He never failed to pass up his books...for English. Today, he showed his true colours. He's above homework; he's bold, creative, charismatic, humorous and entertaining. He represents and gathers all the fun lovers of the Form 5 boys and set another mile stone against the form 4 counter parts !



Look at them! Caricatures on stage. But they were so refreshingly good ! Wow boleh tahan !


Chee Kin and friends went frolicking here and there will 'girlish stuff'; no shame but nevertheless very nice ! Absolute enjoyment.



The teachers danced, sang and entertained the children. You should have witnessed how Shantakumari, Hargopal, Joyce, Doris Wong danced to Bollywood music; so glad to see the teachers' smiling faces. Puan Ruhaida and company took us to another round of a local Malay Joget; teachers are talented too.



You think their hair look like that in school everyday? No la. Rambut palsu ! ( they are on wigs!) Sure know how to imagine. Hey, Doris grow your hair long; stop straightening them; add curls to them just like Joyce.




So on this day, we entertained one another. We love to see their warm responses and we want to respond likewise. We hope they have fond memories of the school and will come back to us in the future.



Perhaps, this year's celebration is made different with the presence of the Alumni. Already there is a strong bond established. The President insisted that he came to show some appreciation. We were more than happy to have him. But the committee's gift to us was beyond our imagination.



They took us around the globe as they gathered students of past years to greet us. What a great display of idea and thought. Our protege are world class!




While watching the clip, the principal kept asking for their names. She knew most of them as they were in school when she was the principal then. They greeted the teachers and conveyed thanks which touched her heart. She rejoiced when she saw some of them; insisting that Sophie was my daughter and I kept telling her that she was my niece until she saw Esther on the clip. At that, she wept. She was touched that many still took pains to remember their Alma mater. She went speechless while the Chairman of the PTA peeped at her. Her emotions were contagious and it showed how warm and sincere she is towards her protege.

It was an unforgettable moment for me.





Happy Teacher's Day

No comments: